Parks & Recreation
Due to the extreme weather predicted for this weekend the Youth Ice Fishing Derby has been re-scheduled for Saturday, February 18th at Dewey's Pond
The residents of Hartford and the surrounding communities recognize the vital importance of natural places and recreation. Through diverse programming that aims to reach all, regardless of age, gender, race, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background, the Hartford Parks & Recreation Department cooperates with community groups to bring a variety of recreational opportunities to local residents. The department is committed to maintaining the highest quality parks and facilities while dedicating itself to improving its program offerings and practices to meet current and future needs.
Our mission is to serve the recreational needs of the community by offering lifelong learning through recreational and educational programming utilizing existing parks and facilities.
Our Commitment To Quality
Your satisfaction is our number one goal. We strive to provide you with high quality facilities and recreational programming. We take pride in making your recreational experience an enjoyable one. To help us serve you better, please share your concerns and/or suggestions by visiting us or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View and Register for Activities Online!
- Register for programs and pay on-line with your credit or debit card. *3.5% convenience fee will be added to credit or debit card purchases
- View program descriptions, registration information
- Access to your family schedules right at your fingertips.
- Sign up for announcements and alerts.
Hartford Community Coalition
Visit the Hartford Community Coalition (HCC) website.
Dog Leash Law
Effective Friday, June 13, 2014 all dogs must be on a leash in the following Town Parks:
- Kilowatt North Park
- Kilowatt South Park (off-leash designated area in this park)
- Watson Memorial Park (off-leash designated area in the Dog Park)
- Hurricane Wildlife Refuge Park (off-leash is allowed in the Town Forest)
- Frost Park
- Lyman Point Park
- Veterans Memorial Park
- Fred Briggs Park
- George Ratcliffe Park
- Meeting House Common Park
- Dewey's Landing Park
- Erwin Clifford Park
- Quechee Green Park is owned and operated by Quechee Lakes Landowners Association. The Quechee Green Bandstand is owned by the Town of Hartford and operated by Hartford Parks & Recreation.
Per Town of Hartford Parks Ordinance adopted by the Hartford Selectboard April 15, 2014.
We are in need of volunteers for fall and winter programs. Apply by filling out and sending in the volunteer application. You can obtain one at the recreation office or apply here.
Have a New Program Idea?
Do you have an idea that would make a great program or would like to see a new program offered in your community? If so, please do not be afraid to let us know about it! Please contact Jay McDonough at the Hartford Parks and Recreation Department at 802-295-5036 or or by email to share your idea!
Parks & Recreation Commission
Parks & Recreation
Hartford Town Hall
171 Bridge Street
White River Junction, VT 05001
Email the Department
Wendell A. Barwood Municipal Arena (Seasonal)
Sherman Manning Pools (Closed for 2021 Season)
Monday - Friday8 a.m. - 5 p.m.