What if I have a hardship?

There are several reasons stated in the law that outline what is an acceptable hardship in order qualify for property tax relief. (See VSA 24 § 1535. Abatement). You will need to contact the town clerk to apply.

Show All Answers

1. When will the reappraisal begin?
2. How will I know when someone is in my area?
3. How do I enroll in the VT-Alert system?
4. What can I expect of the inspection?
5. Will the VGS representative ask to come into my home? May I deny access?
6. Will the VGS representative take photographs of the interior of my home?
7. How can I feel safe with a stranger in my home?
8. When will I learn about the new assessment value of my property?
9. What if I disagree with the value resulting from the reappraisal?
10. Who may I call if I have questions or additional concerns?
11. What if I am unhappy with my taxes, can I grieve them with the Listers?
12. What if I have a hardship?