Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
- Installation of new fire protection systems.- Whenever a public building changes uses.(Example 1: a business office becomes a mercantile.) (Example 2: a single family, owner occupied home becomes a rental.)- Whenever a place of assembly, which holds more than 50 people, changes ownership or increases the occupant load.- For the erection of a temporary structure for public use such as a tent over 1200 square feet, grandstands, or bleachers.- To conduct a hazardous process such as flammable liquid spraying, explosives storage and manufacturing, and flammable liquid storage.
You should contact the Fire Prevention Division for a complete list of situations that require a permit. A fire prevention permit is usually needed even if you have received a Town Zoning Permit.
Fire Prevention DivisionHartford Fire Department812 VA Cutoff Rd.White River Jct. VT 05001802-478-1931 Construction Permit Application
We will also be sending out a phone message a week or two before they are in your area thru the Vermont Alert (VT-Alert) system. You can also call the office anytime to check 802-295-3077.
The VGS staff person will not be assessing your furniture, decorative elements, appliances or personal items that are not built-in, or any other removable elements.
We strongly encourages all residents to allow an interior inspection. It is vital in having accurate records to determine your assessment. However, if you deny access and later want to appeal the valuation, an interior inspection is required at that time and your appeal will not be considered without it. If you choose not to admit the VGS representative, the VGS representative will appraise your home from a street view. There may still be an increase or decrease in the value of your property. Refusing entry does not mean that a new assessment will not occur.
The VGS representatives will have two identification badges, one from the Town and one from VGS. All have been employed by VGS for more than 15 years. All of the representatives, with one exception, were on the staff who prepared the Town’s reappraisal in 2007.
If you are concerned about someone in your neighborhood, you are encouraged to call the Hartford Police Department or the Town of Hartford Assessor’s Office to verify that the person at your door legitimately represents VGS. Also ask to see BOTH forms of ID.
If you are concerned about being alone then we encourage you to invite a neighbor, a friend, or a family member to be with you during an interior inspection so that you might feel more secure.
More information about how to appeal and the time frame within which an appeal may be filed will be provided when the new appraised values are issued.
Any group, business, or organization wishing to have an event, function or group activity in the Town of Hartford Park system is welcome to submit a Park/Facility Use Application.
* Call us at (802) 295-5036 • Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Download the Special Events Information Brochure by clicking here.
* Download the Park/Facility Use Application by clicking here.
1. Complete a Park/Facility Use Application and return (by mail, fax, or email) to Hartford Parks & Recreation Department, 171 Bridge Street White River Junction, Vermont 05001
2. Once your application is on file, we will evaluate your Park/Facility Use Application and email a permit along with instructions, including any additional documents and/or fees required for your reservation.
3. Additional permits may be required depending on the size of your event and the impact on Town Park property.
4. Depending on your rental, a Certificate of Insurance may be required.
The Park/Facility Use Permit allows the renter to use only a designated area of the parks grounds or facility.
• Rental Fees: Once your application is reviewed, we will be in contact with you regarding any fees associated with the park/facility rental. • Additional fees will apply for the use of electricity and water. If warranted, the charge for rental of additional portable toilets will be at the cost of the renter.• Water and electricity charges will depend on the event and the amount of actual usage.
Visit www.hartfordrec.com. You can create your own account and register for available programs.
Visit us at the Parks & Recreation Office located at the Hartford Town Hall, 171 Bridge Street, White River Junction, VT, 1st Floor.
This service allows you to sign up to get emergency alerts on your mobile phone, work phone, text message, e-mail, home phone, and more.
You can also choose the locations you want to be contacted about. You can receive notifications about emergencies that may affect your home, your parents' home, your workplace as long as those locations are within the boundaries of the State of Connecticut.
The system will be used to notify residents about imminent threats to health and safety. Public safety officials may send alerts about life threatening emergencies.
Click here to register for this service.
If you don't sign up, you will still receive notifications on your traditional wireline phone, but nowhere else.
The VTALERT ENS - Emergency Notification System utilizes the state's Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) database for location-based notifications to the public for life-threatening emergencies. The E9-1-1 database includes only traditional wireline telephone numbers in the state. If you want the system to be capable of sending you alerts to other communication devices that you use, then you must provide your contact information by logging in to the VTALERT Citizen Alert Sign-Up Web Page which is accessible by the link provided below.
The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your cell phone, work phone or email address changes, you must go to your VTALERT ENS profile and update the information. The one exception is traditional landlines. If a traditional landline changes to another landline number, that information will be updated.
It is the registrant's obligation to provide notification of any changes in registration data.
This registration information may be disclosed to third parties for the sole purpose of the emergency notification system or as otherwise required by law.
An application can be downloaded from the app store that will allow you to get alerts even if you do not create a VTALERT public user account. Search for Everbridge.
Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari should all work well with VTALERT. If you are having difficulties accessing the new www.vtalert.gov webpage, trying clearing your cache and browsing history. Safari is especially sensitive to this on IPhones and Ipads.
For additional help please email VT-Alert Support at email@example.com or call us at (800) 347-0488.