Vermont’s Weatherization Program: Memorandum 2024-01 WAP Flood
Subject: WAP Flood Response
To: Vermont Weatherization Program Providers (WAP Agencies)
From: The Vermont Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO)
Issue Date: August 4, 2023
This memorandum is effective immediately.
1. Clients who participated in the Home Weatherization Assistance Program in the past 15 years,
whose home (and subsequently installed measures) have been impacted by the flood, may have
their home weatherized again if they meet the following two conditions:
• Client must file with homeowners’ insurance and FEMA assistance and first use these
funds to address home repair, as appropriate.
• Clients must re-apply for the Home Weatherization Assistance Program (full application),
and be determined eligible.
2. Clients that are eligible, shall be prioritized / allowed to jump the Wx queue.
3. Clients will receive the full scope of services in the Home Weatherization Assistance Program per
program policies and procedures (TEC Manual, Wx Grant’s).
a. An efficiency coach visit and audit must be completed to identify weatherization work.
The audit and scope of work shall be the same as any “regular” Weatherization job.
4. VHR funds shall be used as normal (e.g., vermiculite and home repair), including stove and heat
pump installation as appropriate.
5. If the heating system needs to be replaced or repaired, this can be done through the Wx job.
6. Agencies shall inspect the units when complete, as per normal procedures and requirements.
The job should be included as a completed unit and will be included in factoring the agency’s job
7. Agencies must use the Re-weatherization / return work form.
Current, in process clients that have been coached and audited and affected by the flood: Prioritize
heating system and hot water heater repairs and replacement, including heat pump installation, and
then weatherize based on normal job flow.
Clients on the wait list (have not yet received an Efficiency Coach visit) that have been affected by the
flood: Currently we do not have permission / approval to prioritize these clients, but discussions on this
with our Administration will happen in the coming weeks and we will provide updates on this as soon as
NOTE: Wx funds cannot be used to remove debris and damage from the flood or to do cleanup.
Please contact an OEO Weatherization worker if you have any questions.
State of Vermont
Office of Economic Opportunity
280 State Drive
NOB N Second Floor
Waterbury, VT 05671-1050
www.dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/weatherization or www.weatherization.vermont.gov