5th Charter Commission Charge
Amended on June 16th, 2020
The term of this commission shall end upon completion of the charge; not later than March 2nd, 2021.
This joint advisory committee will be constituted of seven citizen members. There shall be one member of the Selectboard and two members of the public appointed by the Selectboard, one member of the School Board and two members of the public appointed by the School Board, and one member of the public appointed jointly by the Selectboard and the School Board. Each member shall have equal weight in discussion and voting.
- Process previously-made Charter revision recommendations into a revised charter to present to both the Hartford School Board and the Hartford Selectboard no later than November 30, 2020.
- Giving special attention to the 4th Charter Commission’s Memo dated 12/02/16, the issues to be reviewed should include:
- Petition Language
- Town Manager’s Duties/Responsibilities/Authorities
- Elected Officials Section Cleanup
- Commissions/Committee Section Cleanup
- Clerk Section Cleanup
- Recall Vote Process
- Board Member Absence Clarification
- Quorum Language
- Cleanup Internal Conflicts
- Agreement with Open Meeting Law and State Statute
- Clarify Budget Revote Process
- Clarify Tied Election Process 4 Committee Charge Cont.
- Other amendments, at the discretion of the Commission.
- Any modifications recommended by the School Board
- Submit a brief report to the Selectboard to explain the recommendations no later than November 25th.
- To communicate with public about the recommendations as appropriate at public forums.
In order to conform with the open meeting laws, committee meetings will be warned recorded and open to the public.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24th.