This advisory committee will be constituted by up to eleven members who live or work within the Town of Hartford, two members of the Selectboard, the Town Manager and up to three staff members that the Town Manager chooses to appoint.
Each member shall have equal weight in discussion and voting.
1. To work with area service providers, State officials and content experts to
generate a broad list of strategies for advancing the following five goals: 1. to consider and recommend strategies for slowing the spread of COVID 19, 2. to consider and recommend strategies for preserving Hartford’s economy and the businesses, families and individuals that make it up, 3. Consider strategies for supporting medical professionals as needed, 4. to consider and recommend strategies for ensuring consistent food supply to Hartford Residents. 5. To consider strategies for communicating with Hartford residents regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and to issue these communications in collaboration with Emergency Operations Center, 6. To consider opportunities for supporting community health and wellness through creating new ways for residents to connect and celebrate the resilience of our town.
2. To take actions to advance the four goal areas listed above that do not obligate
staff time or financial output from the Town, issue official town statements or
necessitate or request a change of activities of Hartford Residents.
3. To collaborate with parallel committees and/or delegates from the Towns of
Lebanon, Hanover, Norwich or other regional towns to discuss possibilities for
4. To monitor Hartford’s response to the Coronavirus outbreak with regards to the
5. To submit a brief report to the Selectboard to explain recommendations no later
than April 30th, 2020.
In order to conform with the open meeting laws, committee meetings will be warned,
recorded and open to the public.
To apply for these open seats, please fill out the attached application and email to email@example.com.