The Town of Hartford has a total of approximately 185 miles of highways, including 45 miles of state highway. Maintaining the remaining 140 miles is the responsibility of the Town of Hartford, which according to the recent statistics is the most of any community in the State of Vermont.
Beginning Friday, May 26th the following roads are being line striped as part of the outstanding 2021 to 2022 paving projects.
Safford Road, Willard Road, West Gilson Avenue, Morey Lane, Chittenden Way and then ending on Wright Reservoir Road.
Summer 2023 Paving Announcement
The Selectboard has approved the summer 2023 paving plan at its May 30, 2023 meeting with full implementation subject to receiving final approval of a Class II Paving grant and Better Roads grant. The plan as approved includes work to Chandler Road, Christian Street, Dothan Road, Fowler Lane, Grovner Street, VA Cutoff Road, and the Quechee Hartland Road.
At this time, there are a total of 11 employees in the division responsible for but not limited to:
- Highway and sidewalk snow removal and treatment
- Grading of gravel road surfaces
- Drainage maintenance and repairs
- Street sweeping
- Paving projects
- Pavement markings
- Street signage
- Street lighting
- Highway right-of-way maintenance
- Vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Fairview Terrace and Gates Street Retaining Wall Report (PDF)
- Posted Roads (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Application for Driveway Permit (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Application to Install an Improvement In the Public Right-of-Way (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Excavation Permit Application (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Excavation Permit Guidelines (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Excess Weight Permit Form (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Project Permit For Overweight Vehicles Form (PDF)
- Town of Hartford Road Closure Request Blank Form (PDF)
- Transportation Ordinance (PDF)
- Transportation Specifications (PDF)
- Vermont Town Road and Bridge Standards (PDF)
- Winter Parking Ordinance (PDF)