The Town of Hartford has a total of 449 buildings that are included on the National Register of Historic Places. This includes eight historic districts: Downtown White River Junction, Quechee Mill Village, Hartford Village, Terraces (White River Junction), Wilder Village, Jericho Rural Area, Christian Street Rural Area and West Hartford Village.
Recent Accomplishments & Special Projects
In addition to individual and district nominations to the Federal National Register of Historic Places, the Commission has completed Oral History projects, Historic District Brochures, a barn census, Phase I of the Historic Sites and Structures Survey and the installation of Historic District signs. The Commission has recently completed a business oral history project.
Business Oral History Summary Report
Review the Hartford Business Oral History Summary Report (PDF) of September 30, 2014.
Interested in Getting Involved?
If you have any suggestions for preservation projects or National Register nominations, please email Matt Osborn.
- Barbara (Luce) Bagley and Scott Luce (PDF)
- Carol Luce Hardy (PDF)
- Chuck Wooster (PDF)
- David Brown - Transcript 1 and Transcript 2 (PDF)
- Doug Punt (PDF)
- Fred Davis and Betty Davis (PDF)
- Gary Clay (PDF)
- George Miller and Linda Miller (PDF)
- Harold Wright (PDF)
- Harris Lyman and Mary Lyman (PDF)
- John Eastman, David Eastman, Harold Eastman, Cindy Morris (PDF)
- Larry Potwin (PDF)
- Marty Lyman (PDF)
- Mary Rogers (PDF)
- Nellie Bagley and Pat Bagley (PDF)
- Pat Goodrich and Wanda Welch (PDF)
- Peter Schaal (PDF)